Frequently Asked Questions – Updated 2/20/2013
Do you serve Washington Dulles, BWI, Reagan, or Norfolk airports?
- In addition to Richmond International, our taxicab subsidiary can now pick up and drop off at Washington Reagan (DCA) and Washington Dulles (IAD) for trips to and from the Fredericksburg and Richmond areas. Please email us for rates and availability.
My flight lands 2 hours from now. Can you send a shuttle?
- Call us at 804-372-7433 to check last-minute availability! If possible, please provide at least 12 hours notice for all trips, in order to give us enough time to arrange a driver and routing. We are unable to accept walk-up reservations–all trips must be prearranged either online or by phone.
Do you accept cash?
- No. We accept credit or debit cards only, via web site, phone, or inside our vans. Cash is accepted only for tips to your driver.
Your $20 fare sounds too good to be true. How can you provide rides to Richmond International Airport for such a low price?
- Virginia AirLink keeps our costs low because passengers can book and prepay their airport shuttle reservations on our Web site, virginiaairlink.com. Prearranging your ride at least 12 hours in advance allows us to dispatch our driver on the most efficient routes and to pick you up at the most optimal time. This way, our vehicles and drivers do not have to sit around and wait for customers–we know at least a day ahead of time where we’ll be going.
How many other stops will my shuttle make between my house and the airport?
- Virginia AirLink shuttles make no more than three total stops on their way to or from Richmond International Airport. If your driver makes additional stops after picking you up, they will be in the same general direction as your destination. We take pride in our efficiency–it’s one way we keep our costs so low! We aim for your door-to-door ride to or from the airport to take no more than 30 minutes longer than driving yourself to or from the airport.
Do you serve areas other than Metro Richmond, Fredericksburg and Charlottesville?
- Yes! We and our partners can pick you up or drop you off anywhere in the state of Virginia. Please check our “Rates” page for pricing. Rates depend on driver availability and distance from Richmond International Airport. Popular out-of-area destinations we serve include Fredericksburg, Charlottesville, Williamsburg, Farmville, Mechanicsville, Chester, Fort Lee and Blackstone.
What sort of vehicles are in your fleet?
- Virginia AirLink and our partner companies operate late-model minivans and large sedans. Our minivans have a capacity of 6 passengers (plus driver); sedans, 3 passengers plus driver. All of our vehicles are regularly inspected for safety and cleanliness.
Are your drivers licensed and insured?
- Yes. All of our drivers undergo thorough driving record checks and training. Virginia AirLink is a licensed, bonded and insured transportation provider. We are licensed as a common carrier of passengers over irregular routes in Richmond City, Chesterfield, Hanover, and Henrico Counties, DMV certificate number 225, and as a taxicab service in other areas statewide, DMV permit number 23942.
What if my flight is delayed? Will you wait for me?
- Our drivers and dispatchers constantly monitor flight times at RIC. Please provide your flight number when booking your reservation with us, and we will meet you when your flight arrives (even if it is delayed).
What is your luggage allowance?
- We allow passengers to carry on two suitcases each, up to 62″ total dimensions (L+W+H), plus a small personal item such as a purse, briefcase, backpack or laptop bag. Space for additional items is not guaranteed and may not be available.
I’m traveling with small children. Do you have space for their car seats?
- Yes. Per Virginia state law, all children under age 8 must sit in a child seat or booster seat while riding in Virginia AirLink contracted vehicles. We can provide a booster seat or car seat for your ride at no additional charge, as long as you notify us of your need at least 12 hours in advance.
Should I tip my driver?
- Yes! Our drivers welcome your gratuity. We suggest a $5 tip if you have received excellent service.
How secure is your online payment system?
- Virginia AirLink processes all of our payments through Authorize.net, one of the world’s largest online payment processors. When you book online, your credit card information is encrypted with state-of-the-art technology.
What if I need a ride somewhere other than the airport?
- To keep your prices low, Virginia AirLink can only arrange transportation to and from area airports at this time. For transportation between other locations, we suggest contacting a local taxi company (there are several dozen in the Richmond area).
What is your phone number?
- To keep your prices low, we strongly prefer contact via email, at email@example.com. If you’d rather call, our phone number for general inquiries is 804-372-7433. On the day of your trip, please contact your driver directly at the cell phone number provided on your confirmation email.